Don’t wait to address your property tax rendition
The deadline to file your property tax rendition or an extension is April 15th, 2020.
Below is a summary of upcoming Texas property tax deadlines:
- April 15th – File BPP renditions or 30-day extensions*
- April 30th – File exemption applications (Freeport, Ag, Solar, etc.)
- May 15th – Deadline to file request for additional 15-day extension for rendition*
- May 31st (or 30 days after the value notice, whichever is later) – Deadline to file a protest
* If necessary, you may request a 30-day extension for rendition, which is automatically granted if timely filed (by April 15th). An additional 15-day extension may be requested for good cause, but approval is at the discretion of the chief appraiser of the appraisal district.
Save on Your Texas Business Personal Property Taxes
Texas has the most aggressive property tax code in the nation. In Texas, business personal property is consistently over assessed, overvalued – and is generally left unchallenged due to the complexities of valuation and assessment appeals.
At TAG, we take the Texas Code at its word and harness it for our clients to realize material savings – with an average reduction of 30% in assessed value by focusing on valuing business inventory and fixed assets at fair market value.
Read more about our market value approach and contact us to discuss how we can help your company minimize your tax liability this year.